[Serusers] failover and VRRP

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:21:16 CET 2006

hgaillac-sip at yahoo.fr wrote:

>>I use NAGIOS to
>>monitor SER to know when a server of applications on
>>that server have ...
>>

>Can you tell me more ?

sipsak can be configured to respond with Nagios result codes. I think
the option is -n. Nagios has been setup to execute sipsak with an input
file that contains a specific notify message. This message has an event
type of  "keep-alive". When my proxies see this event from our nagios
host they respond with a 200  ok. This is sufficient to "verify" that
the proxy is operational at a sip level or
so we like to believe :-)

Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering