[Users] Checking reply status

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Feb 28 02:09:34 CET 2006

How can I check for SIP responses, say 'Decline' for example? Do I have to use t_check_status()? I tried but I think it wants me to create a transaction first, and seeing as though the OpenSER docs are so bad, I don't know how to do this. Is there a stateless way to check for a SIP response?

In general, it seems as though you can't check SIP response messages. There's the 'if method = <something>' approach, say for example 'if method == INVITE', but I have not seen any examples of how you can check for SIP response messages just as easy in a stateless fashion. Say, something like 'if response == DECLINE' or 'if response == 'Not Found'. How can this be done???

Thanks,
Doug.