[Users] record_route_preset(): No memory left

Bastian Schern ml02 at in-bln.de
Sun Feb 5 13:48:31 CET 2006

Hi Bogdan,

Im using gcc on SuSE Linux 9.1 with self build Kernel 2.6.14.4. The
machine is a Intel Celeron with 2000 MHz.

--- snip ---
# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (SuSE Linux)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

# uname -a
Linux de5 2.6.14.4 #1 SMP Fri Dec 23 16:38:33 UTC 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux
--- snap ---

Thanks for your support. I also have a last question: I tried to
checkout the bugfix but there is nothing inside the CVS.

ViewCVS says also "No Changes":
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/openser/sip-server/modules/rr/record.c?r1=1.2.2.1&r2=1.2.2.2

Regards
	Bastian

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
> Hi Bastian,
>
> I found and fixed  the problem - it was that the variable used for
> username remained uninitialized when "add_username" was disabled - the
> origins of the bug was a incomplete backport from the devel version
> ("add_username" param to have effect on record_route_preset also).
>
> Thanks for the help! I have only one question - what arch and compiler
> are you using?
>
> regards,
> bogdan
>
> Bastian Schern wrote:
>
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi Bastian,
>>>
>>> I run a lot of tests against this message, but nothing...
>>>
>>> So , first some question? is the param "add_username" enabled? are
>>> you using the latest CVS version?
>>

>> The param "add_username" was _not_ enabled. After enabling it the
>> Error is gone away. For what the username is needed in rr?
>>
>> I'm using the latest CVS rel_1_0_0.
>>

>>> Second, here is a third patch - please send me the results..
>>>

>> Results of third patch after enabling add_username:
>> --- snip ---
>>  0(4952) Sat Feb  4 22:47:49 2006:
>> <sip:00045977408 at sipbase.de>;tag=klfjsk2v77 : record_route_preset(
>> "217.160.188.74:5060;nat=yes" )
>>  0(4952) **: trying uri <sip:08003301000 at sipbase.de;user=phone> len=37
>>  0(4952) **: befor return uri len=11, s=0x80de4ab
>>  0(4952) **: return uri len=11, s=0x80de4ab
>> --- snap ---
>>
>> Without add_username there is no DBG output.
>>

>>> BTW - is there any way to speed up this remote debugging ? access to
>>> the machine is possible? ...
>>>

>> I think it is possible to get remote access. But I have to clarify
>> this with before.
>>

>> Regards
>>     Bastian

>> Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit