[Serusers] Re: [Users] TM : retransmission timers

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Mon Dec 4 10:39:25 CET 2006

Just to make it clear, it is pretty much only possible with Ottendorf if
you are having a reasonably big setup. The previous timer system was not
accurate (you might have noticed, that retransmission timer fired in a range
of +/- 1 sec which is kind of unexact given the timer length 0.5 sec),
variable (all timers were pretty much supposed to be of the same length),
high-resolution (it used to be 1 second).

I concur that migration is alway a painful exercise, but I can only recommend
folks to make themselves busy with it earlier than too late.

-jiri