[Users] several presence question

Fri Dec 29 23:47:11 CET 2006

Hi!

I read the docs of the presence module and have some question. Maybe
someone can enlighten me ;-)

1. If I understand correctly, the pua module acts as a "UAC". Thus, it can
be used to send PUBLISH or SUBSCRIBE. I wonder what is the usecase for
sending SUBSCRIBE? Usually, a client which sends a SUBSCRIBE receives
subsequent NOTIFY messages. How can these NOTIFY messages be handled?

2. If an external application sends PUBLISH via the uac_mi interface, how
can be distinguished between a "new" PUBLISH or an "update" PUBLISH? For
example if the MI interface returns the E-Tag from the 200 Ok response
this could be used in the next request to group identify PUBLISH reqeusts
which belong together.

3. There is a bug in the pua module docs: the db_url(str) parameter is
described twice.

4. The following module documentations lack of default values for the
module parameters: pua, pua_usrloc, presence (maybe some example show the
default value, but IMO the default value should be explicitely stated)

5. How can I update the presence status from a third party application? Is
it possible to write directly into the tables of the presence modules?
Or can I fake an update using the pua_mi to loop a PUBLISH to itself for
handling it afterwards with handle_publish()? May this cause problems
because it interferes the subsequent PUBLISH request from the client
(etag)?

regards
Klaus