[Users] Presence Publish/Subscribe Timeout

christian l chrislbr at lycos.de
Tue Dec 12 16:58:16 CET 2006

Hello,

we want to use the presence module of openser in combination with eyebeam pa mode. In order to save bandwith, we want the clients to subscribe in an intervall of 1 hour. At the same time, we want to detect almost instantly when I client timeouts, i.e. has a network failure.

Is there any way I can detect client timeouts rather fast other than reducing the max_expires value, which also affects the SUBSCRIBE timeout and therefore increasing the network utiliztion again?

openser version is 1.2.0-dev12-notls , eyebeam version is 1.5.10.2 build 33793

Thanks in advance for your help

Schnell und einfach ohne Anschlusswechsel zur Lycos DSL Flatrate wechseln und 3 Monate kostenlos ab effektiven 5,21 EUR pro Monat im ersten Jahr surfen.
http://www.lycos.de/startseite/online/dsl/index.html?prod=DSL&trackingID=email_footertxt