[Serusers] Modifying the To Field and From field of an INVITE message

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Aug 22 08:35:42 CEST 2006

Yes, that's correct and more precisely, old RFC compliant UAs require
the To and From to be unaltered, while RFC3261 compliant UAs require the
tags in To and From to be unaltered. As RFC3261 specifies backwards
compatibility as a requirement, any altering of To or From (except the
anonymous exception) will cause non-RFC3261 compliance.
g-)