[Serusers] SER with multiple Media Proxy

Jon Farmer jon at bctech.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 06:09:45 CEST 2006

Abdul Qadir wrote:
> Hi,
>   I would like to know is it possible to setup SER with multiple media
> proxy.  If its not possible than please suggest me what is the best way
> to solve the problem mentioned below.
>
> The problem is I have a setup of SER with Media proxy running in
> Singapore and I also have some users in US. But I want to use one SER,
> which is running in singapore, since it connects with DB and doing the
> AAA. And my users in US also register on the same proxy. But when my US
> users make IP to IP calls since in current setup their media is first
> coming to singapore than going to US, they face a latency and poor
> quality. How can I avoid this without running multiple instances of SER.
>
> What I plan to do is setup another media proxy in US and depending on
> the Nated contact of user agents I give them appropriate media proxy

You can use exec_dset to run a script/program that will rewrite the SIP
address to use the appropriate media proxy. I personally use this will a
small C++ program I wrote to distribute calls to various media proxies.
It means I can also distribute based on load as well as geographic location.

--
Jon Farmer
Telford, Shropshire, UK