[Serusers] How to change display name

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Thu Aug 10 15:53:26 CEST 2006

Jiri Kuthan wrote:

>At 23:23 09/08/2006, Steve Blair wrote:
>

>>Please clarify. "...downloading the corresponding number...". From where to where? Do you mean extracting the user portion of the From header URI from the usr_preference table?
>>

>Well, that's the kind of documentation issues which are badly backlogged :-)
>
>with the upcoming SER release, all user information is gathered in user_attrs table.
>This table includes the caller identity, as well as anything else you may wish to
>associate with a subscriber (gender, credit-card, etc.) keyed by user's UID.
>
>One of the attributes may then look as this:
>{ uid="24393jf2434-f", name="asserted_id", value="+19199199191" }

I use the usr_preferences table in much the same way today. Flags such
as "allow_local" are defined for each subscriber and keyed to the
subscriber id. Then I use avps to load and check these flags to
determine how to process the "call".

>The attribute is called after caller's authentication from the user_attrs table.
>
>Then we use AVP processing to print the AVP using one's favorite header field:
>
>set_attr("rpidheader", "<sip:%$asserted_id@%@ruri.host>;screen=yes");

I like the ability to use avps in function calls. That should be great.

_Steve

--

ISC Network Engineering
The University of Pennsylvania