[Serusers] How to change display name

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Wed Aug 9 23:41:35 CEST 2006

At 23:23 09/08/2006, Steve Blair wrote:
>Please clarify. "...downloading the corresponding number...". From where to where? Do you mean extracting the user portion of the From header URI from the usr_preference table?

Well, that's the kind of documentation issues which are badly backlogged :-)

with the upcoming SER release, all user information is gathered in user_attrs table.
This table includes the caller identity, as well as anything else you may wish to
associate with a subscriber (gender, credit-card, etc.) keyed by user's UID.

One of the attributes may then look as this:
{ uid="24393jf2434-f", name="asserted_id", value="+19199199191" }

The attribute is called after caller's authentication from the user_attrs table.

Then we use AVP processing to print the AVP using one's favorite header field:

set_attr("rpidheader", "<sip:%$asserted_id@%@ruri.host>;screen=yes");
--
the down side is we have not released this new version of SER yet and at the
moment I dont dare to give estimates.

-jri