[Serusers] Multiple media server on the same machine

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Tue Aug 1 10:20:25 CEST 2006

I have configured 2 media proxy servers on my machine which
has 3 network cards, two of which connect to the external world
via different PUBLIC IP and one network card connects to the
internal world via PRIVATE IP.

I have two copies of mediaproxy.ini for each instance of mediaproxy,
each handling the SIP media proxy for each of the external interface
( and different names ).

My question is about [MediaProxy] section for each of the mediaproxy.ini,
do I specify the same socket file name or different socket file name ?

If I specify the same file name, it would mean that two instances of the
mediaproxy server are using the same socket filename for communication.
Is it a problem ?

And I noticed that if one instance is killed, the socket file will be deleted,
it would then mean the second surviving instance will suffer. Isn't it right ?

According to the documentation, this socket file name is where the mediaproxy
receives the command from the proxydispatcher, and therefore it is something
for the proxydispatcher to know. But if I configured different file name
from the default ( specified in two different mediaproxy.ini ), how would the
proxydispatcher get to know about using a different file name ?

Appreciate any comments.