[Users] OpenSER + pa_mod

Bernard Chan cbkihong at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 12:00:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have OpenSER 1.0.1 (and upgraded to OpenSER 1.1.0 today). I am now
experimenting with the use of pa_mod. The module is functioning pretty
well, with one problem. If the SIP client is terminated and restarted
right away, the SIP client's presence view is not updated.

As I traced, I found that both times the SUBSCRIBE requests are received
by OpenSER. From the packet sniffer I see some NOTIFYs are indeed sent
to the client, but are rejected, I think probably because the Call-ID
does not match the current one (it is from the earlier instance), and
the client returned the "subscription does not exist" error status to
the server. Then OpenSER seemed not to send further NOTIFYs, so there is
no update to the presence information. If instead I restart the SIP
client after subscription expires, the behaviour seems to be normal.

Being pretty new to OpenSER, I would like to ask if this is normal? And
anything I can do to solve the problem? Thank you.

[...]
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/pa.so"
[...]
#modparam("pa", "default_expires", 10)
modparam("pa", "timer_interval", 3)
modparam("pa", "watcherinfo_notify", 0)
modparam("pa", "new_tuple_on_publish", 1)
modparam("pa", "callback_update_db", 1)