[Users] Please help me in Openser Admin

peter.3.edwards at bt.com peter.3.edwards at bt.com
Tue Aug 29 16:09:05 CEST 2006

> 1. Is openser adminstrator a web application? I mean,  does it have
> same function like "serweb" in ser?

"OpenSER Administrator: Mission
The mission is to provide a simple interface to OpenSER that can be
quickly and easily modified and upgraded. It is not designed to provide
an interface for the customer, but is to be used only for administration
duties."
http://openseradmin.sourceforge.net/

> 2. How to install the openser administrator in openser server?
> I use openser1.1.0-tls and what packets does it need?

OpenSER Administrator: Installation
http://openseradmin.sourceforge.net/docs.php

> 3.Is the openser administrator just used by the administrator to
manage
> his/her server? or The openser administrator can be used like  a
> serweb?(the client also can use it) because as I read from the reply
> message in this forum, the serweb can not use for openser1.1.0-tls

See answer to question 1.

> 4. If it is not like serweb, can anybody tell me what is the suitable
> web application for openser ?

As far as I'm aware from reading the website and mailing list archives,
the only web application designed for use with OpenSER is OpenSER
Administrator.  It sounds like it might be possible to modify SERweb but
that would require going "under the hood" ...

Ferianto, all of this information is easily found from the website -
rather copying your mail to three mailing lists which each have a
slightly different remit, you may find you'd get a better response if
you do some initial research first and then direct any further questions
you still have, to the most appropriate list instead of sending to all
of them at once.

Even Microsoft know ...

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375

HTH,

Peter.

--
Peter Edwards

This Personal email contains my own opinions, sent In
Confidence and does not represent the views of British
Telecommunications plc.

British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged and
confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the number
or address above) immediately.

Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc
email system is monitored to secure its effective operation
and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using
this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to
secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.