[Serusers] SER & MySQL Cluster v5 - no caching!

Kerker Staffan staffan.kerker at saabgroup.com
Thu Apr 13 08:42:27 CEST 2006

hi
can anyone give me a hint here of what's true and what's not?

i'm planning to use a multiple SIP proxy installation sharing
location database using a MySQL cluster. i planned to use SER
as proxy, but to me it seems like the SER caches location DB instead
of reading from the MySQL database?

in a multiple proxy installation, every proxy may recieve an incomming
REGISTER and store that registration to the shared mysql database. but
if the other proxies caches the location database instead of reading from
the cluster, they will never be aware of registrations not made by them
self... so this makes the SER no good for my installation.

is this true or just bad rumours?

best regards,
/Staffan

Staffan Kerker