[Serusers] cisco sip phones?

Gould, Aaron aaron.gould at ngc.com
Wed Apr 12 15:18:02 CEST 2006

i just recently (last week) put sip firmware on a 7940G and 7960G.  the are booting up with the word "SIP" at the top now.  i haven't been able to get them to call each other yet.  still working on that and getting my ser solaris 10 box working right.  i had a few softphones calling eachother from what apeared to be via the ser box and also from what appeared to be direct ip to ip between the softphones, but i'm still unsure that the ser box was installed properly....and i'm frustrated because serweb wouldn't install properly .... that xxxphp file seemed to not want to be recognized as a package when i did pkgadd.....anyway, thanks for letting my cry on your shoulder....i;m sure it has everything to do with my lack of knowledge.....but we learn as we go don't we  :)

oh, cisco phone, ummm, yeah i put the 5 files in a tftp server i think it was ...

OS79XX
P003-08-2-00.bin
P003-08-2-00.sbn
P003-08-2-00.loads
P003-08-2-00.sb2

and it loaded up a new universal application loader into the phones....."...2000-2006"

then they loaded their sip firmware ....blinky lights during upgrade.....now they boot up and go through a decision tree to find a valid config file which i haven't been able to figure out yet......

aaron