[Serusers] Checking spoofed From headers

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Mon Apr 10 19:53:31 CEST 2006

Okay... that clearly didn't work. As I expected, it requires me to do a proxy
authorize before doing the check_from in order to get the credentials. The
problem is, this is an open proxy, so I don't WANT people to have to authorize
before calling through. I just want some way of making sure they ARE a valid
user if they claim to be.

Am I going to have to do a search("^From:.*@my.domain.com")) and then
proxy_authorise and check from... essentially only authenticating users who
claim to be from my system?

I'll give it a shot. Seems kind of backward, though.

N.

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:25:27 -0400, sip wrote