[Serusers] serctl - serweb

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 17:36:54 CEST 2006

2006/4/10, Gould, Aaron <aaron.gould at ngc.com>:
> i'm still trying to get a UA (softphone to "REGISTER") with my ser box (solaris 10)
>
> do serctl and serweb serve the same purpose?
No.
serweb is a web interface for the user management.
serctl is the tools itself to manage users.

> do i really need to setup serweb?

You can do everything via command line with serctl

> can i do everything via serctl?
>
> also, is there such a thing as auto-registration with UA's to the registrar of the ser box?

I don't really get what you are trying to accomplish here...
> if not, must i do a "serctl add" to add a user first?

What
#serctl add
does is to add user's profile to your system so they can later use the
profile data to register their phones into your system.

> something I'm seeing is, my softphone sends a "REGISTER" message to the ser box.  the ser box appears to send 70 (i think 70 because of the default max-forwards value) dns request to the dns server, then the ser box sends a "483 Too many Hops" message back to the latop UA softphone.  any ideas why this is happening?

Probably your config file is wrong. I recommend to go to www.onsip.org
and read the getting started document that includes a detailled
description of several configurations.
Probably, the Too Many Hops comes from a paquet being forwarded to
yourself (to the same SER) until the hop count decresases too low.

> thanks

You'r wellcome,

Samuel.