[Serusers] serctl - serweb

Gould, Aaron aaron.gould at ngc.com
Mon Apr 10 17:03:46 CEST 2006

i'm still trying to get a UA (softphone to "REGISTER") with my ser box (solaris 10)

do serctl and serweb serve the same purpose?

do i really need to setup serweb?

can i do everything via serctl?

also, is there such a thing as auto-registration with UA's to the registrar of the ser box?

if not, must i do a "serctl add" to add a user first?

something I'm seeing is, my softphone sends a "REGISTER" message to the ser box.  the ser box appears to send 70 (i think 70 because of the default max-forwards value) dns request to the dns server, then the ser box sends a "483 Too many Hops" message back to the latop UA softphone.  any ideas why this is happening?

thanks

aaron