[Serusers] usernames but no pass

alex wood kingofthemods at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 20:40:05 CEST 2006

hi i think is got a unique problem. i have a phone system that until the
final software package is developed will only allow a user name but no pass
and i need to make sure that the server isn't taken for advantage so only a
few very long and complex user names will be used.

i tried adding a user then going into the mysql and deleting the pass but it
seems ser doesn't even get that far if the client doesn't send a pass.

so to recap i need a user without a pass but only specified user names to
work.

also some guy hinted about gateways though I'm not sure he knew what he was
on about, so if any of you know that would be good and if their are any
documents in ti as well that you could point me to that would be good also.

thanks

Alex Wood

independent contractor