[Serusers] Anyone have config samples for asterisk-b2bua/SER?

Mike Tkachuk mike at yes.net.ua
Tue Apr 4 10:18:35 CEST 2006

Hello sip,

  See inline.

Tuesday, April 4, 2006 4:14:41 AM, you wrote:

s> We're looking into Asterisk-b2bua with SER to handle prepaid stuff, but we're
s> running into the snag that, well, there's pretty much absolutely NO
s> documentation for asterisk-b2bua. It's a few perl modules, a config file, and
s> an  INSTALL file that consists of explaining how to download the source and
s> patch asterisk to use the program. That's it.

Because it's only 1 perl module I don't think that there can be a lot
of documentation.
You can find config file explanation inside config file.

s> It mentions radius, and it LOOKS like radius needs to be running on the same
s> box as the asterisk-b2bua setup.

No, it's not true. You can run your radius server elsewhere.

s> I suppose that will work, as I can then point
s> asterisk to do its accounting/auth on the SER box where I have radius running
s> for auth.  I've seen mention that asterisk-b2bua doesn't handle digest
s> authentication (although it has an auth server in its config file), but I
s> don't even know what it would be doing authentication FOR at that point and,
s> since SER uses digest, I don't know how the two would mesh.

Very simple. You should authorize a call on your SIP proxy and forward
AUTHENTICATED and AUTHORIZED call.
Authentication feature in *B2BUA mainly is done for querying your
radius server for Session-Timeout.

s> Other than what I've been able to figure out from looking at the code (which
s> is, granted, not a whole lot), there's nothing even remotely resembling docs
s> (oh, my kingdom for the ability to force coders to hire technical writers). I
s> was kind of hoping someone might have a sample config for use with SER... or
s> be able to point me in the direction of one.

 Just change destination on your INVITE
>> rewritehostport("your.b2bua.address:5060")
 before forwarding INVITE.

s> N.

P.S. If you will have any questions regarding *B2BUA you may ask them
on maillist:

Mike Tkachuk