[Serusers] Anyone have config samples for asterisk-b2bua/SER?

sip sip at arcdiv.com
Tue Apr 4 03:14:41 CEST 2006

We're looking into Asterisk-b2bua with SER to handle prepaid stuff, but we're
running into the snag that, well, there's pretty much absolutely NO
documentation for asterisk-b2bua. It's a few perl modules, a config file, and
an  INSTALL file that consists of explaining how to download the source and
patch asterisk to use the program. That's it.

It mentions radius, and it LOOKS like radius needs to be running on the same
box as the asterisk-b2bua setup. I suppose that will work, as I can then point
asterisk to do its accounting/auth on the SER box where I have radius running
for auth.  I've seen mention that asterisk-b2bua doesn't handle digest
authentication (although it has an auth server in its config file), but I
don't even know what it would be doing authentication FOR at that point and,
since SER uses digest, I don't know how the two would mesh.

Other than what I've been able to figure out from looking at the code (which
is, granted, not a whole lot), there's nothing even remotely resembling docs
(oh, my kingdom for the ability to force coders to hire technical writers). I
was kind of hoping someone might have a sample config for use with SER... or
be able to point me in the direction of one.

N.