[Serusers] Windows to Linux

zkeatts zkeatts at nuvio.com
Fri Sep 30 18:21:48 CEST 2005

I am probably not the best person to ask that, since I have been brute
forcing my way through - i.e. reading and debugging code without
consulting a manual.  There are tons of resources on the net for coding
in C and since you already have 3 years of experience I am sure that
moving to ANSI C won't be too hard.  If you have coded in JAVA or C++
then it should be a breeze.  If anything you should read up on pointers
and memory allocation, because those two seem to catch most new coders
the most.

The GDB suggestion is also excellent.  I have found it to be one of the
most useful debugging tools that I have ever used since it gives a nice
stack backtrace with line numbers etc.

good luck,

Zach Keatts
Software Engineer