[Serusers] No accounting records logged by radius in mysql; Unsupported Acct-Status-Type = 15

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Fri Sep 30 07:57:36 CEST 2005

I have configured ser with radius accounting and I see accounting records
being generated successfully in the file system. I have also configured
accounting to mysql. Successful calls are logged to mysql correctly but
unsuccessful calls are not. When I run radius -X and watch what happens I
see the following:
rlm_sql (sql): Unsupported Acct-Status-Type = 15
  modcall[accounting]: module "sql" returns noop for request 1

dictionary.ser contains the following line:
VALUE Acct-Status-Type     Failed           15         # RFC2866, acc

I have added the contents of dictionary.ser to the radiusclient/dictionary
and radiusclient-ng/dictionary files. I have included dictionary.ser in
raddb/dictionary.

I'm sure there's a configuration step I've missed. Could anyone suggest some
other things to check?

Thanks

Cameron