[Serusers] loose routing of BYE from UDP to TCP

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 20:50:05 CEST 2005

Hi,
 I'm having problems getting SER to (loose) route requests from UDP to TCP.
I'm not sure if the UA is at fault here or some SER config issue.
 SER receives an INVITE over TCP, record_route() is called and then the
request is relayed via UDP (t_relay_to_udp) to the UA. The INVITE relayed to
the UDP UA now has 2 Record-Route headers added by SER. One has the
transport=tcp parameter.
 Record-Route: <sip:xx.xx.xx.xx;r2=on;ftag=xyz;lr=on>
Record-Route: <sip:xx.xx.xx.xx;transport=tcp;r2=on;ftag=xyz>
 When the UA sends the BYE to SER, it has the 2 Route headers like so (on a
single line):
 Route: <sip:xx.xx.xx.xx;r2=on;ftag=xyz;lr=on>,<sip:xx.xx.xx.xx
;transport=tcp;r2=on;ftag=xyz;lr=on>
 The SER script simply calls t_relay() in the loose_route section of the
script.
 I expected t_relay() to relay the BYE via TCP, since the Route header has
transport=tcp, but it sends the BYE via UDP instead.
 Anyone seen this problem before? Do I need to check for transport=tcp and
call t_relay_to_tcp, rather than using t_relay after loose_route()?
 Mark