[Serusers] How to terminate a session?

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Wed Sep 28 13:16:53 CEST 2005

Suppose that we know which calls are open, based on the accounting data,
so we have all dialog parameters (Call-ID, From, To, C-Seqs, etc...).

How can I terminate a session that is lasting too long?

If I suppose that a session is actually closed (for example because one
UA has crashed), how can I be sure that it is really closed (eventually
actually closing it)?

I'm thinking to send two BYE messages to both UAs (impersonating the
other UA), so to make them close the session (if it is still open).

Is this tecnically possible?
Are there any contraindications?
Is there a better way to obtain it?

Thanks.