[Serusers] Seperate SER and Oubound Proxy

Tue Sep 27 13:25:20 CEST 2005

Kevin Brennan wrote:
> We would like to use STUN as preferred NAT traversal method but for
> those situations where STUN does not work we would offer an outbound
> proxy (configured in user agent). We would like to keep the NAT
> traversal proxy completely separate from SER. I wonder has anybody
> implemented this ? how ? and any other suggestions/feedback.

I did this once. The idea was to changes the aor (user at domain) to
user at domain@outboundproxyIP.

Thus, when forwarding the request to the main proxy, the contact header
was replaced with user at domain@outboundproxyIP and the the OBP stores
user at domain@outboundproxyIP instead of user at domain in the location table.

It was a really bad hacked done by modifying the save() function and
using replace() in ser.cfg heavilly.

I guess it might be easier to implement, maybe without coding by using
avpops.

regards
klaus