[Serusers] Seperate SER and Oubound Proxy

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:31:22 CEST 2005

The basic problem you run into is when you separate the registrar function
from the far-end NAT traversal function.

I decided not to pursue the for now but was looking at using the Path header
as one possible solution. I guess there are other, simpler solutions,
depending on your SER configuration and network architecture.

As far as I can tell, most commercial SBCs are also B2BUAs so they solve the
problem in a completely different way.

Mark