[Serusers] Getting starting with ser...

IS2 - Florent BARBIER florent at is2net.com
Fri Sep 23 19:33:14 CEST 2005

Hello all,

Not really easy ton understand how to setup... If somebody can help, I'll really appreciate.

My config :
redhat 7.3 (SME E/Smith edition)
Asterisk 1.0.9
ser
serweb

IP phone 1                            IP phone 2
IP public 1                            IP public 2
    !                                            !
    !               Internet                  !
                    !
                    !
                    !
                IP public 3
                    !
                    ! Lan
                 Asterisk
                    !
  !                                                !
IP Phone 3                       IP Phone 4
IP Local 3                        IP Local 4

Every IP Phone are registered in the AsterisK
IP Phone 3 comunique with IP Phone 4 whithout PB
IP Phone 1 comunique with IP Phone 3 or 4 whithout PB
IP Phone 1 comunique with IP Phone 2 whith delay ! So audio stream doesn't go directly from IP Public 1 to IP Public 2.

As I understand S.E.R. should help me to redirect audio stream...
Well I setup S.E.R. and SERWEB under the Asterisk box (wich is the gateway & the firewall)
I add some user whith serweb
I add register in my sip.conf to register my asterisk to ser
I try to do an echo test and nothing append.

Well, how to setup SER to build this config... I'm sure this question certainly basic for most of you, but I've good Knowledge of AsterisK and I start with SIP proxies. I'm really not find F.A.Q. or userguide to build this...

Thank you for your help, Florent.