[Serusers] Permanent aliases

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Fri Sep 23 19:15:59 CEST 2005

Igor Balk wrote:
> Sorry if I'm asking stupid question but I'm trying to set up alias for
> example 1234<->john.doe and make it permanent. As far as I understand if
> I use serctl add alias command and then contact for the person will
> change (dynamic ip, login from other coputer etc) my alias would not
> work anymore. Please tell me if I'm worng and if there is a way to fix
> this problem.

You usually don't enter the user's IP in aliases. If we assume you have
the domain sip.yourdomain.com, then you will add the alias like:

	serctl alias add 1234 sip:john.doe at sip.yourdomain.com

So a lookup("aliases") will rewrite the uri from
sip:1234 at sip.yourdomain.com to sip:john.doe at sip.yourdomain.com, and for
that uri you can lookup("location") to finally get the current contact
of john.doe.

Andy