[Serusers] Inserting SER into my voice network

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 05:17:09 CEST 2005

Ray,
 Jitter buffers in VoIP are only of use at the point where the packets are
converted into the final PCM bit stream - a TDM or DAC interface in most
cases.
 The problem with your proposed solution is that the output of mediaproxy,
even if it is de-jittered, will be subject to jitter once again on the way
to the endpoint where the packet connection is converted to voice.
 Mark