[Serusers] Making SER implement Jabber

Saleh, Saleh Saleh.Saleh at sonyericsson.com
Thu Sep 15 23:54:02 CEST 2005

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what I need to do next in order for SER version 0.9.3
to use the Jabber Module correctly?

This is what I have done so far (on a Red Hat Linux 9 machine):

Installed Jabberd 1.4.4
Installed GNU pth-2.0.4
Installed Expat 1.95.8
Installed Libidn ?

I have Modified the config file for SER to load the Jabber.so module
after the pa.so and tm.so
(I'm sure this is where I am stuck, what to do with parameters in config
file for SER)

This is what I can/cannot do:
I can run the jabber server
I cannot run the SER with the config file which includes the Jabber.so
module load command but I can run it without this command in the config
file.

I am using MySQL for SER

What other files do I need to modify?  What information do I need? I'm
not very familiar with linux, I am a beginner...

Any comments/suggestions/websites/help  is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Saleh