[Serusers] append_branch And New totag Problem

Corey S. McFadden csm-lists at csma.biz
Mon Sep 12 18:38:47 CEST 2005

Guys,

We're working with Tekelec to solve a problem we're experiencing with one
of their SIP gateway cards.  (We're working with a group that hadn't
heard of SER before we talked to them, so this may or may not be correct.)

What happens is this:
 1. Call originates from SIP PSTN GW (Tekelec unit)
 2. SER routes call to UA
 3. UA doesn't answer
 4. Failure route happens and call is diverted to Asterisk
 5. Asterisk gets the call but the SIP PSTN GW doesn't ACK the OKs and
    hangs up.

The scenario works with a variety of UA hardware, so I didn't think
anything was wrong on our side, but they're saying that on the first
phase of the call the totag has one ID and then when Asterisk gets
involved there's a different totag ID.  (This is confirmed w/packet
captures.)  When the GW card gets the second totag it doesn't match a
transaction and it is ignored.

So, my question is...  can (and should) we rewrite the totags back to the
original id?  Can this be done w/textops?  Is this a common problem?

Does this make sense?

Thanks for any help,
-Corey