[Serusers] Media proxy idle calls.

Vikash Khatuwala serlist at khatuwala.com
Mon Sep 12 10:57:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have setup SER 0.9.4 with Mysql and media proxy by following the
instructions from the onsip getting started guide and the config file
from there too.

I can manage to setup the accounts and also use a hard phone (PA1688
based) and also xten to login and place calls.

However I get a few problems. When I disconnect, it takes xten about
5-10seconds before it can hang up and during this time it says hanging up.

Secondly after it hangs up, I can still see the call as idle status
when I run sessions.py This will go away after 1min, and sometimes if
I try to call back immediately after hang up it doesnt work, I have
to wait for the idle call to time out.

Both phones are behind NAT and so the RTP has to go through
mediaproxy. When the call is active the quality is good.

I havnt made any changes to ser.cfg from onsip.org other then the
realm in the www_authorize and proxy_authorize.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikash.