[Serusers] t_check_status in failure_route

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Fri Sep 9 21:47:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

Lately there were some discussions about t_check_status in failure_route
when cancelling, where Jan (IIRC) made clear that only the lowest
reply-code can be matched with t_check_status.

Now I have a related problem when routing to PSTN:

I use lcr-module in failure-route for routing to the next GW when
408/500/503 is received. I have noticed that I sometimes get 408
signalled from the GW (a PSTN code is mapped to it). So on one GW I
mapped 408 to 480 for testing purposes to skip the fallback, the others
still return 408.

Now if one of the not-remapped GWs returns 408, there's the fallback to
another GW. If it's the remapped one, it returns 480, but t_check_status
still matches 408.

I know that this special issue will be solved when I configure all my
GWs to map the 408 to 480, but the question arises if this situation
could come up again in other circumstances? Because if the first GW
fails with 408 triggered by fr_timer, other return codes >408 from
subsequent GWs can't be detected and passed back to the calling UAC
without another PSTN fallback?

There was a discussion about introducing a method which checks if the
call is cancelled to detect 487 (don't know anymore if on the
openser-lists or here), but what about other codes?

Comments?

Andy