[Serusers] end the session if no media

Hakan YASTI hakan.yasti at teletek.net
Wed Oct 26 09:18:34 CEST 2005

Hi Teigre,

Thanks for your reply and kind suggestions. In fact, I am using a session controller for sip calls. And it alerts me via email  when a sessiıon is reached for about 60 minutes. At that time,

I check it manually and kil the session if the session is abondened. By sending BYE messages to both legs. From the PSTN side I get the reply what I assume ( 200 OK ) but from the sip side I get No transaction exist.

Because the session was ended before and  session controller couldn’t get the BYE message for some reasons. ( Network failure or something else ).

What I am looking for that, from the media proxy, I see the active rtp session when I use media proxy for the calls. And I assume that, when the call has finished and couldn’t send or get BYE message, there will be no rtp stream going on. May be I am wrong for this. If rtp session is still  open when the a side hunp up and couldn’t send  bye , there is nothing to do except killing the session with sending bye messages to both sides, because there is no way to understand the call is active or not.

Best Regards,

Hakan