[Serusers] fee-for-service SER server

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Oct 26 09:18:29 CEST 2005

Dear Michael,
I know that many on this list operate own services they sell in the market.
Others sell software packages and services, both to corporations (ex.
Asterisk + ser in a combo setup) and to service providers (some sort of
white-label service).  There are also hosted services for enterprises that
are not based on SER.
    I would suspect that lack of answer may have something to do with lack
of information. You are not saying what you need. Here are some examples:
a. A hosted SER server where you can log in and do changes to ser.cfg (for
fun or commercial)
b. A hosted corporate PBX-type solution
c. A hosted SIP service á la university setups with ENUM lookup and
authentication against your own user database
d. A white-label service that you will brand as your own and resell in a
given market

And BTW, you are not saying anything about your requirements (just a vanilla
SER server?!) nor the size of the subscriber base you want to support etc
etc.

If you are looking for b, you are probably better off looking in your local
market for a telephony provider who can give you IP access.
g-)