[Serusers] question on Adding aliases

Eric Haskins eric at rackspeed.net
Fri Oct 28 06:15:30 CEST 2005

<SNIP>
serctl alias add 6049094251 at my.domain.com sip:5002 at 216.X.XXX.XX

It's odd, but either way I do it, it doesn't actually PUT my domain name into the database (leaves that field blank), but the serctl command asks for it anyway. I haven't gone back to check the shellscript in the code to find out why it doesn't put the domain in there, as I use my own set of commands for user management anyway, so it's never been an issue.

</SNIP>

Thx I was able to add the alias and it showed up in the DB. Using this

[root at voip1 ser]# serctl alias add 16049094251 at 216.x.xxx.x sip:5002 at 216.x.xxx.x
200 Added to table
('16049094251','sip:5002 at 216.x.xxx.x') to 'aliases'

When I call the DID it rings and rings then says call couldn't be completed. Here is an ethereal capture

No.     Time      Source            Destination     Protocol Info
279 20.881245  69.28.xx.xxx  216.x.xxx.x SIP/SDP Request: INVITEsip:16049094251 at 216.x.xxx.x:5060

349 25.887031  69.28.xx.xxx  216.x.xxx.x   SIP  Request:CANCELsip:16049094251 at 216.x.xxx.x:5060

So the call is being forwarded to us by the provider.Do I have to trust the inbound IP 69.28.xxx.xxx from the provider??? I dont understand why it isnt forwarding the call to user 5002??  I can make outgoing calls fine thru MCI our outbound carrier. Do I need to add an entry to the location DB??

Thx for all your help on this

Eric