[Serusers] ser-rtpproxy bridge mode and T38

Atif Rasheed atif at burraqtel.com.pk
Thu Oct 27 08:57:34 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:28 +0200, Greger V. Teigre wrote:
> serusers is more appropriate. serdev is for development, i.e. code, not user
> issues.
>
> > I have raised this issue in dev list but got no response, hoping some
> > one here will be able to answer this.
> >
> > I have read in RtpProxy that RtpProxy waits for both parties to send
> > atleast one udp packet and then it fills up both ip:port structures
> > associated with that call and then it starts relaying.
>
> Yes, this is to ensure that the proxy can get through the NATs.
>
> > Call Setup is like this:
> >                --------Media----->
> > A-Party ----->MG-------->SSW------>SER/RtpProxy------->B-Party
> >
> > now only B-Party is sending UDP Packets and Ser/RtpProxy sends them to
> > SSW (signalling entity) instead of MediaGateway. As soon as RtpProxy
> > receives one udp packet from A-Party then it sends those RTP packets to
> > MG i.e. it starts relaying following the right path.
> > how I can solve this ???
>
> I'm afraid I'm not capable of understanding what you are saying here.  You
> have SSW in the media path? Or are you trying to show both media and
> signalling path in the same picture? What is really the priblem? rtpproxy
> will only do what you tell it to (using force_rtp_proxy).

I am trying to show media and signalling path in the same picture.
Is this confirm that RtpProxy will handle T38 or we also need to handle
T38 in a special way. because as I described below paragraph that after
reinvite B-Party stopped RTP and started T38 packets in the same session
but RtpProxy failed to send to the right recepient.