[Serusers] Get alias for user

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Mon Oct 24 14:12:13 CEST 2005

In the lines:

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

you select the mode you want to use the database.
If you put 2, the "records" added to SER via serctl will be propagated to the permanent database not immediately but periodically. I think this periodicity can not be set in the config file.
If you use 1, all records inserted with serctl will immediately be written also to the database.

So I guess you don't see the changes immediately and think that there is a problem....either wait more or put 1 to the dbmode to check if there is a problem with the database.

Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> ranveer kunal <ranveerkunal at gmail.com> 10/24/05 11:17AM >>>
Hello Folks,
                 I am trying to use SER with some external database
(mysql), which is there on a remote system, no matter what I do, when
I add a user via serctl, the user is added to local database server
only. I am sending my ser.cfg file, kindly help me thanks . .. .

#
# $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.25.2.1 2005/02/18 14:30:44 andrei Exp $
#
# simple quick-start config script
#

# ----------- global configuration parameters ------------------------

#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line: -dddddddddd)
#fork=yes
#log_stderror=no	# (cmd line: -E)

/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
*/

check_via=yes	# (cmd. line: -v)
dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
#port=5060
#children=4
# advertised_address is the via header's FQDN
advertised_address="ran.test"
fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
fifo_db_url="mysql://ser:heslo@skywalker/ser"

# ------------------ module loading ----------------------------------

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/mysql.so"

loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/sl.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/tm.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/rr.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/usrloc.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/registrar.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/textops.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/options.so"

# Uncomment this if you want digest authentication
# mysql.so must be loaded !
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/auth_db.so"
loadmodule "/usr/local/lib/ser/modules/uri_db.so"

# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------
# -- usrloc params --

#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)

# Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
# for persistent storage and comment the previous line
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)

# -- auth params --
# Uncomment if you are using auth module
#
modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
#
# If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which true in this config),
# uncomment also the following parameter)
#
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")

modparam("usrloc", "db_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@skywalker/ser")
modparam("auth_db", "db_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@skywalker/ser")
modparam("uri_db", "db_url", "mysql://ser:heslo@skywalker/ser")

# -- rr params --
# add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs happy
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)

# -------------------------  request routing logic -------------------

# main routing logic

route{

	# initial sanity checks -- messages with
	# max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
	if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
		sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
		break;
	};
	if (msg:len >=  2048 ) {
		sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
		break;
	};

	# we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
	# subsequent messages will go through our proxy; that's
	# particularly good if upstream and downstream entities
	# use different transport protocol
	# if U want ip addr for RR just give record_route();
	if (!method=="REGISTER") record_route_preset("sip:ran.test");

	# subsequent messages withing a dialog should take the
	# path determined by record-routing
	if (loose_route()) {
		# mark routing logic in request
		append_hf("P-hint: rr-enforced\r\n");
		route(1);
		break;
	};

	if (!uri==myself) {
		# mark routing logic in request
		append_hf("P-hint: outbound\r\n");
		route(1);
		break;
	};

	# if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
	# (in case, it does not work, use the following command
	# with proper names and addresses in it)
	if (uri==myself) {

		if (method=="REGISTER") {

# Uncomment this if you want to use digest authentication
# uncomment the 4 lines if U donot authentication.
			if (!www_authorize("skywalker", "subscriber")) {
				www_challenge("skywalker", "0");
				break;
			};

			save("location");
			break;
		};

		lookup("aliases");
		if (!uri==myself) {
			append_hf("P-hint: outbound alias\r\n");
			route(1);
			break;
		};

	        if ((method==OPTIONS) && (! uri=~"sip:.*[@]+.*")) {
                	options_reply();
        	};

		# native SIP destinations are handled using our USRLOC DB
		if (!lookup("location")) {
			sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
			break;
		};
	};
	append_hf("P-hint: usrloc applied\r\n");
	route(1);
}

route[1]
{
	# send it out now; use stateful forwarding as it works reliably
	# even for UDP2TCP
	#force_rport();
#	if (!(method==ACK | method=="CANCEL" | method=="BYE")) {
#comment 4 lines for non suth
#  		if (!proxy_authorize("sip.test", "subscriber")) {
# 			proxy_challenge("sip.test","0");
 #                               break;
 #    	};
	if (!t_relay()) {