[Serusers] msilo configuration

Teemu Harju teemu.harju at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 08:21:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been configuring msilo for offline messaging and I've faced few
problems.

First... I use Xten (or now Counterpath) Eyebeam and each time user starts
to type an instant message it sends a SIP MESSAGE with Content-Type:
application/im-iscomposing+xml and msilo naturally stores this message also.
I tried to prevent this with the following configuration but it didn't
work..

if (search("Content-Type: application/im-iscomposing+xml")) {

#
# Do not store composing MESSAGEs
#
} else {

#
# Store offline message
#
}

Or course this is done only for method=="MESSAGE"... Can you see why this is
not working?

Second... Is there a way to make the reply to the offline message appear to
be coming from the user that it was sent to? I mean you can configure msilo
to reply for example with user registrar at myserproxy.com, but that opens a
new IM window for the user so it's not that good.

Thanks in advance...
--
Teemu Harju
http://www.teemuharju.net