[Serusers] Asigning a Subscriber to a Specific rtpproxy

Andres andres at telesip.net
Sun Oct 9 00:19:16 CEST 2005

The idea here is not to load balance or distribute media streams using
SRV records.  I do know mediaproxy supports that.  But the idea is that
if we have 1000 users at ISP A, we might decide to collocate a server
(with rtpproxy or mediaproxy) with them so we can guarantee latencies of
under 10ms.

We are not talking about guess work here.  This is about a carefully
designed plan, hand-to-hand with the ISP(s) in question.  So what we
need to figure out is how can our 1000 users at ISP #1 use MEDIAPROXY
#1, 1000 users at ISP #2, use MEDIAPROXY #2, and so forth.

If it can't be done then certainly splitting up the users into different
SER servers can do the trick, but we wanted to ask around first.

Thanks,
Andres.