[Serusers] Routing users to other SIP server

Mark Aiken aiken.mark at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 00:01:39 CEST 2005

I've just been playing with this myself.

There is a function, uac_auth, in the uac module which can be used to
authenticate a challenge from another SIP server. Unfortunately it has the
following problems:

1. Does not handle increment of the cseq. At least in my experience this
causes authentication failure, you may have better luck.
2. Missing quotes in the auth header sent by the other server causes parse
errors.
3. Digest comparison is case sensitive (DIGEST in auth header causes parse
error).

2 and 3 are easy to fix but 1 is a major problem for SER as there is no
dialog state kept between requests.

Mark