[Serusers] Theory behind a media proxy and NATed UA

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Oct 4 16:34:32 CEST 2005

Mediaproxy cannot force the nated ua to send rtp (unless it supports active
media, which most don't, AFAIK).
Some UAs (ex. Grandstream old firmware) has an issue where it takes a couple
of seconds before you get sound.  However, not getting anything means that
the UA does not have anything to send and that silence suppression is
probably turned on. If you speak using the nated UA, does it start sending
rtp?
g-)