[Serusers] Theory behind a media proxy and NATed UA

Felipe Louback louback at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:17:45 CEST 2005

Andy told that after the first UDP packet is received on the
mediaproxy socket it knows
where to send the packets to. That is the problem.... after the
invite, the NAT-ed UA will wait for traffic, and not send traffic.
Greger, I read Section 3.5 of the document you said, but they dont
explain my doubt. There you can find how the register process is done
and how the NAT problem can be solved. In the document it is said the
proxy put his address in the SDP payload, but how does the media proxy
force the NATed UA to send a UDP packet? By default, the UA is waiting
for audio after it sends an INVITE....

Felipe