[Users] openser 1.0.0 packages generation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 27 18:23:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 10/27/05 19:08, Cheng Zhang wrote:
> See below.
>
> On 10/27/05, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at voice-system.ro> wrote:
>
>> Hello Cheng Zhang,
>>
>> thank you. We will look at the warning, which is bit strange for me at
>> the first sight. Have you compiled the radius modules too?
>>
> The warning message comes from Gentoo's Portage. Among the steps of
> building and installing the package source, there is a step of examing
> ELF binaries. In fact, it has such warning message for each .so file.
> I already saw such warnings months ago when I deal with OpenSER's
> ebuild for the first time. I did some google back then, and seems it's
> ok to ignore them. I don't know about others, but two Gentoo machines
> running OpenSER installed by this ebuild work fine in our internal
> testing environment (casual testing by a few people though).

thanks for the clarifications.

>> We will update the ebuild package on cvs and we would ask you to take
>> care of gentoo package generation. I do not think you need further
>> assistance, just the time when you can take the sources.
>>
> Sure, I can do that. My goal on this one is actually getting the
> ebuild accepted into official ebuild tree. That way, folks running
> Gentoo can easily install OpenSER without looking around. :-)

That will be great. Thanks. Some docs to be updated, and tomorrow the
packages building should start (it will be announced on the mailing
list) - no time line or so, the packages will be added to the download
site as soon as they are submitted. We will add contributed packages the
days afterwards, too. This to be clear that no stress should be pushed
by package generation.