[Users] openser 1.0.0 packages generation

Cheng Zhang czhang.cmu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:08:42 CEST 2005

See below.

On 10/27/05, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <daniel at voice-system.ro> wrote:
> Hello Cheng Zhang,
>
> thank you. We will look at the warning, which is bit strange for me at
> the first sight. Have you compiled the radius modules too?
The warning message comes from Gentoo's Portage. Among the steps of
building and installing the package source, there is a step of examing
ELF binaries. In fact, it has such warning message for each .so file.
I already saw such warnings months ago when I deal with OpenSER's
ebuild for the first time. I did some google back then, and seems it's
ok to ignore them. I don't know about others, but two Gentoo machines
running OpenSER installed by this ebuild work fine in our internal
testing environment (casual testing by a few people though).

> We will update the ebuild package on cvs and we would ask you to take
> care of gentoo package generation. I do not think you need further
> assistance, just the time when you can take the sources.
Sure, I can do that. My goal on this one is actually getting the
ebuild accepted into official ebuild tree. That way, folks running
Gentoo can easily install OpenSER without looking around. :-)

- Cheng