[Users] Detecting runaway calls

Daryl Sanders daryl.sanders at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 02:10:50 CEST 2005

Other than Session-Timers or B2BUA is there any way to detect a
runaway call? I use third party PSTN providers so, I do not control
the PSTN gateway.

I have read everything I can find on the lists but haven't had much
luck. I know I can pull info from the acc table and fake a BYE to
disconnect the call, but is there any way to first determine if the
call is still actually in progress or if it a runaway.

I have heard rumor of some providers that automatically drop calls
after an hour or so. This is obviously not a good solution.

As always, your help is most appreciated!

- Daryl