[Users] I cannot login

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 21 11:36:55 CEST 2005

On 10/21/05 12:17, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> Hello Ronald,
>>
>> please use the init.d script to start/stop openser.  You can find it
>> in packaging subdirectory, there are directories for different
>> distributions and inside of some is a file named openser.init.
>>
>> Otherwise try starting it from command line:
>> /usr/local/sbin/openser -f /usr/local/etc/openser/openser.cfg
>

> I used          openserctl start    and it seems it is different. With
> your line above I could start openser in debug mode, however, there is
> still no log file about it.
>
> During startup and shutdown many lines flashed through the screen, as
> well during  CTRL C to stop it. While I try to use sipsak, there was
> no extra line on the screen either.
Add log_stderror=yes in the configuration script and you should get all
the debug messages on the screen. Then watch when you send the sip
messages with sipsak.

> I use SuSE, which init script should I use?
You have to use "packaging/rpm/openser.init.SuSE" - copy it in
/etc/init.d  and you can use it all the time from there. Since I am not
using suse, I hope you do not have anything to change inside the file
(e.g., paths or names).