[Users] Multiple media proxy

George Perantinos gper at forthnet.gr
Tue Oct 18 07:48:52 CEST 2005

Fernando, each openser server can control either ONE mediaproxy socket or ONE
proxydispatcher socket.
Comments inline.

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 03:27, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im  trying tos et up media Proxy to listen to various ip y changed the
> mediaporxy.ini and started various mediaproxyX.py on my box I wondering how
> to tell openser to use the socks.
>
> Now I have this in my openser.cfg
>
> modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/mediaproxy.sock")
> modparam("mediaproxy", "natping_interval", 20)
> modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket",
> "/var/run/proxydispatcher.sock")

You are trying to control 2 sockets (one mediaproxy and one proxydispatcher).
Won't do. Choose one of them.

> can I set up multiple lines regarding mediaproxy.sock ??

Nope.

> modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/mediaproxy.sock")
> modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/mediaproxy1.sock")
> modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "/var/run/mediaproxy2.sock")
>
> what about proxydispatcher.py do I also have to set up multiple instances
> of it ??

Yes, I suppose you can, but each openser can access only one of them.