[Users] Re: [Serusers] no login to openser

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Oct 17 11:40:45 CEST 2005

Hello,

the appropriate mailing list for questions related to openser is
users at openser.org (http://openser.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users).

Please see my comments inline.

On 10/17/05 11:44, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> (It is my first try, .... I am sure I make something wrong)
>
> I have installed openser and it is now running for a while, ... today
> I have added two users by:
>
> export SIP_DOMAIN=voip.mydomain.com
> openserctl add 800000 secret0 me at mydomain.com
> openserctl add 800001 secret1 me at mydomain.com
>
> first test:
>
> openserctl ul show
> Dumping all contacts may take long: are you sure you want to proceed?
> [Y|N] y
> ===Domain list===

It is ok, actually the 'location' is the name of the table (the name of
the field is a bit misleading).The sip domain should be visible in aor,
but you didn't use 'use_domain' parameter, so it is ignored.

> I use than a hard phone and set it up, but it cannot log on, ... I
> also do not see anything happen, when I use openserctl moni
>
> What have I done wrong?
You can watch the network traffic while trying to register, there could
be something misconfigured. Use:
'ngrep -qt port 5060' on your sip server and send the output to me to be
able to give you more hints.